Re: [asa] Looking for a post

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 16:54:02 EDT

>>> "skrogh." <panterragroup@mindspring.com> 9/2/2008 3:09 PM >>> asks for help:

I am looking for a recent post, my searches have come up with nothing. This
post had a quote in it from someone of the Discovery institute (Behe or
Johnson) regarding the difference in veracity, explanatory power of
Evolution over ID in their current forms. Does anyone recall that?

Steve Krogh

Ted:

Perhaps this is what you want, Steve:
"Easily the biggest challenge facing the ID community is to develop a full-fledged theory of biological design. We don’t have such a theory right now, and that’s a real problem. Without a theory, it’s very hard to know where to direct your research focus. Right now, we’ve got a bag of powerful intuitions, and a handful of notions such as “irreducible complexity” and “specified complexity”—but, as yet, no general theory of biological design." Paul Nelson, interviewed in Touchstone vol 17, July/August, 2004.

"I also don’t think that there is really a theory of intelligent design at the present time to propose as a comparable alternative to the Darwinian theory, which is, whatever errors it might contain, a fully worked out scheme. There is no intelligent design theory that’s comparable. Working out a positive theory is the job of the scientific people that we have affiliated with the movement. Some of them are quite convinced that it’s doable, but that’s for them to prove…No product is ready for competition in the educational world." Phillip Johnson, quoted in Berkeley Science Review, Spring 2006.

SOURCE: http://www.scientificblogging.com/genomicron/blog/intelligent_design_is_not_a_theory_says_di_fellow