Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Bethany Sollereder <bsollereder@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 23:00:55 EDT

Hey Bernie,

I essentially think that what Don said captures my position: we both rose
and "fell" at the same time, though by "fall" all I really mean is that sin
entered the world. At some point our ancestors did not have the capacity to
love God nor to sin. Today we have the ability to do both. As we came to
understand God (keeping in mind that all this happened within societies and
cultures), we also came to understand and commit sin. So maybe fall isn't
what I mean, because as you said, that implies that we were elevated to some
flawless height from which we fell. I think we struggled into both our
exaltedness as C.S. Lewis writes, and into our sin which we all recognize.

Bethany