Re: [asa] (fall) biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Don Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 17:58:23 EDT

> Bernie said: A "fall" implies
>
>> going from something better to something worse. I think it is the opposite-
>> we arose from the animal nature and after being born-again we can rise to a
>> higher place.

Don N comments:
There is a third possibility, that is in accord with my reading of the
two books (scripture and nature). The rise and fall could have could
have occurred more of less in parallel -- as a single discontinuity --
as humankind rose above the level of the animals, became spiritual and
capable of a two-way interaction with God, and at the same time fell
short of an ideal relationship with God.