RE: [asa] biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 14:16:03 EDT

Hi Bethany,

Ok. My guess is that the age discrepancy between MtDNA and Y-Chromosome
methods is not a problem because of the differences in the two dating
methods. It would be nice if the Y-chromosome method were improved and
gave a 20,000 year Mesopotamian result. But this is just wishful thinking
on my part.

A literal view, IMO, still seems plausible, but these issues can not be
ignored. Absolutes are not required, but plausibility is. Alternative
explanations must be considered. One additional alternative explanation is
the idea that Adam was built using a pre-Adamites molecular pattern.
Pre-Adamites would be nicely adapted to their environment and would provide
the patterns suited for the temple of Adam. This would allow for an Adam
much younger than his Y-chromosome trail would suggest. Again, this is
speculation on my part since I know so little of these dating methods.

Coope