RE: [asa] biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 14:25:55 EDT

________________________________
From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu] On Behalf Of David Opderbeck
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 5:07 AM
To: gordon brown
Cc: asa@calvin.edu
Subject: Re: [asa] biological evolution and a literal Adam- logically inconsistent?

Many of the ancient Hebrew's neighbors had cosmogonies in which people were originally made from the blood, spit, or semen of a god, though in some Sumerian and Babylonian stories man is fashioned out of clay. Without claiming any expertise in ancient near east studies, it seems to me an anachronism to think there was a broad consensus "science" in the ancient near east.