RE: [asa] Stars May Not Be So Fine Tuned After All

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 18:01:52 EDT

Rich,

Earlier this year in the an astronomy forum (Bad Astronomy Universe Today
combined forum: www.bautforum.com), there was an interesting discussion
about the question of whether or not multiple universe ideas qualify as
scientific theories. Here's the thread.
http://www.bautforum.com/questions-answers/71916-multiverse-theories-atm-2.h
tml

You will find about 10,000 Google hits for the specific phrase "Parallel
Universe Theory" and 22,000 for "Multiverse Theory".

Max Tegmark, a prominent physicist, is a leader in the "Parallel Universe
Theory" and makes some attempt at justifying it as a theory in the following
paper: http://www.wintersteel.com/files/shanaarticles/multiverse.pdf

[I just found this, so I may be jumping to conclusions about his
justification, but I doubt it.]

I liked the paper you referenced so much that I have established a thread in
that forum in hopes some will comment on it, but none have so far. Here's
this thread:
http://www.bautforum.com/questions-answers/77250-stars-other-universes.html

Coope