Re: [asa] The Science = Atheism Meme (evolving society, for Gregory)

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 11:57:28 EDT

Hi Bernie,

"That's why I asked Gregory for an example in society of something that
hasn't evolved- and he refuses to engage."

I can't speak for Greg ( and yes, I have been on the receiving end of his
criticisms too), but I think he doesn't want to assume what you mean by
"evolve" when you claim that societies evolve. I think he wants to see you
better flesh out your claim so he can determine how you are using the word.
My guess is that he would not argue that some things in society evolve,
while others don't. He's questioning your loose application of a biological
concept from the natural sciences to our social reality.

-Mike Gene