Re: [asa] The Bible's center verse (Vernon -- please note)

From: j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 10:53:56 EDT

Well -- this is a new claim. I have a correspondent of many years, a
close friend BTW, who claims the original KJV is the only inspired
version; all else are inferior. But I have never encountered the claim
that the KJV AS OF TODAY (July 31,2008) is the only inspired version.

Boggles the mind. Should I star this date on the calendar? Celebrate
it in church worship?

OK -- I know you mean the date when the curent AV came into being.
Just for the record, what was that date? Note that maight be when the
last word was decided on -- or the date it went to the printers -- or
the date on which the first copy was printed -- or sold. So you need
to be careful and precise about this.

Or maybe your claim is that ALL versions of the AV -- including future
revisions -- are peculiarly inspired above and beyond all others. That
leads to other problems. When a revision was made, did the previous
version lose inspiration? Or are the two equal?

Curiouser and curiouser.

jb

On 7/31/08, Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Just to thank you for bringing this important matter to our attention. You
> will find that I have now acknowledged the oversight in a postscript to my
> original page (http://www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/PRS/P.htm).
> It would appear that it is the AV as we find it today - and not as it once
> was - that really matters. In other words, in the hands of God the AV has
> become a dynamic text destined to achieve the purpose for which it was, from
> the beginning, intended.
>
> Since the King James translators sandwiched the Apocrypha between the Old
> and New Testaments, I suspect that the then 'centres of gravity' may well
> have resided within the Minor Prophets, or even this Deuterocanonical
> collection of books.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vernon

>>> d.. Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.

>>> www.whatabeginning.com