Re: Does Creator Imply Designer? was Re: [asa] Stars May Not Be So Fine Tuned After All

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 10:17:23 EDT

On Jul 31, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Alexanian, Moorad wrote:

> God does not exist in spacetime so there is no way we can understand
> or fathom His actions except by analogies that are embedded in
> spacetime. Surely, the Creator of all, which is primarily the main
> description of the Biblical God, can be running the whole show that
> we experience in time and ascribe it to evolution without it being
> so. Let us not be haughty and claim to know it all. Let us leave
> room for the mystery that is an integral part of our existence.
>

> Moorad

Some parts of God's nature are mysterious and others are not. For
example, God is a God of truth and there is no shadow of turning for
Him. Presenting appearances that are deceptive are out of character
with God as described in Scripture. When I dabbled with YEC and OEC
that part of creationism and ID always bugged me. Because of that
cognitive dissonance when I dropped all of the above my faith remained
relatively unscathed. God wasn't false nor Scripture, just the
fallible interpretations thereof by people.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA