Re: [asa] The Bible's center verse (Vernon -- please note)

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 09:43:29 EDT

Hi Jon,

Just to thank you for bringing this important matter to our attention. You will find that I have now acknowledged the oversight in a postscript to my original page (http://www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/PRS/P.htm).
It would appear that it is the AV as we find it today - and not as it once was - that really matters. In other words, in the hands of God the AV has become a dynamic text destined to achieve the purpose for which it was, from the beginning, intended.

Since the King James translators sandwiched the Apocrypha between the Old and New Testaments, I suspect that the then 'centres of gravity' may well have resided within the Minor Prophets, or even this Deuterocanonical collection of books.

Regards,

Vernon