RE: [asa] How theistic evolution was explained to kids in 1964

From: Stephen Matheson <smatheso@calvin.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 22:12:49 EDT

Why "drag God into it?" Simple: because He is the "Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth." That's why. It's really very simple, and Iain was quite clear in my opinion. That you are baffled by a Christian who "invokes God" when discussing creation is quite beyond my comprehension, unless I am incorrect in assuming that you affirm Christian creeds such as the Nicene.

Or did I misunderstand you? Do you believe that a natural process that "runs smoothly" (like, say, human embryonic development or the beating of a human heart) is outside of God's influence? Do you assert a fundamental difference between natural processes that "run smoothly" and those that require "intervention" by God?

>>> "Alexanian, Moorad" <alexanian@uncw.edu> 07/29/08 9:52 PM >>>
My post was in reference to what Iain Strachan wrote, "If God made the world and runs the world, then evolution _is_ God's plan." Supposedly, evolution is a scientific theory that explains the world and how it runs; therefore why drag God into it. Unbelievers would indicate that that is unnecessary and indeed contrived.

Moorad