Re: [asa] The Bible's center verse (Vernon -- please note)

From: j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 19:17:30 EDT

Interesting.

Some of the natural conclusions from all this (assuming accuracy) is:

1. The AV is inspired in a way no other translation (or the originals)
is inspired.
2. Therefore the English language is uniquely favored by God.
3. Since the AV is inspired, it must be concluded from an analysis of
Matthew 1:1-17 that 14 plus 14 plus 14 equals 41.

I will not stoop to pointing out other obvious errors in the text.

Burgy

On 7/29/08, Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net> wrote:
> Hi Burgy,
>
> I'm glad you give me the opportunity to settle this matter once for all.
> The link you cite - for whatever reason - propagates misleading information
> with respect to certain of these AV statistics. As one who has performed
> the necessary research and calculations (which you may inspect at
> http://www.whatabeginning.com/Misc/PRS/P.htm), I can confirm the following:
> a.. There are 929 chapters in the Old Testament and 260 chapters in the
> New Testament. This gives a total of 1,189 chapters.
> b.. There are 23,145 verses in the Old Testament and 7,957 verses in the
> New Testament. This gives a total of 31,102 verses.
> c.. Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter of the Bible.
> d.. Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible.
> e.. Psalm 117 is the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter.
> f.. Contrary to popular belief, Psalm 118 does not contain the middle
> verse of the Bible. The King James Version has an even number of verses
> (31,102), with the two middle verses being Psalm 103:1,2
> As an interesting aside, based on these results and their accompanying
> numerics (detailed in the page referred to above), it is possible to test
> the integrity of the disputed verses, Mark 16:9-20. On the evidence
> provided, it would appear that their inclusion in the AV is fully deserved.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vernon
> www.whatabeginning.com
> www.otherbiblecode.com