RE: [asa] The Science = Atheism Meme (math & God)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 18:52:51 EDT

"3. If I were God, I wouldn't do things this way. Therefore God doesn't exist."

To amplify- they may say that if God is all knowing or all powerful or all loving, he would do things differently, as we are not as smart as God yet know better. For example, is it godly to wipe-out your enemies (including innocent children and animals), as God told them to do in the OT? I think the answer is complex. An atheist may brush-off the complexity and just say that what God commanded was evil, proving God to be unworthy of worship. But if math problems are hard to solve, why assume it is an easy thing to solve when it comes to understanding God? Maybe, like a math problem, there are many variables and conditions at play?

...Bernie