RE: [asa] How theistic evolution was explained to kids in 1964 (stars and wonder)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 17:10:01 EDT

I'm going through some knowledge books with my 7 year old son now. We started about 2 weeks ago, and first up is the cosmos (galaxies, solar system, and planets). How hot is the sun? Which planet is the farthest from the sun? What is a black hole? All that stuff. It is good for me, too, as I'm also learning and I appreciate even more the majesty of God. Wow, our planet is so special and unique, 2/3 covered with water (instead of covered with sulfuric acid clouds at a 460 degrees surface temperature, like Venus). Then, to see all the stars in the Milky Way, and the Sun is just one of 400 billion stars in this one galaxy... kind of puts things in perspective!

...Bernie