Fwd: [asa] Creation Museum Faith Day at the old ballpark

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 16:46:17 EDT

 I note there's an appearance by Bob and Larry of Veggietales. Are they YEC
too? Surprising, because I understand Bob presented a paper on "*Assyrian
Parallels in the Yahwist's Creation Narrative: of Tiamat and Tomatoes*" at
Princeton Seminary last spring.

But seriously -- I don't doubt that YECism is the dominant view among
religious Americans, but I doubt that most religious Americans have given
more than a few moments thought to the question -- or to the even bigger
question of what Jesus would have thought of multimillionaire athletes
teaming up with a rock band, a tomato, and a cucumber for "faith day at the
ballpark."

  On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu> wrote:

> Information is here
> http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/faith_day.jsp
>
> In one of his old movies (can't recall which one), Groucho Marx and his
> mirror image do a little dance, and then Groucho says to someone, "who are
> you gonna believe--me, or your own eyes?" If anyone doubts that
> creationism
> is the dominant view among religious Americans, all they need to see is
> this
> web site. Who are they gonna doubt--me, or their own eyes?
>
> Ted

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law
Seton Hall University Law School