Re: [asa] The Science = Atheism Meme

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 29 2008 - 14:32:20 EDT

I am amazed how some confuse science with scientist. Sure some
scientists are atheists, others are catholics, so your point being?

Sure atheism has an easier time accommodating science than lets say YEC or ID.

As to Myers' actions, they relate to an incident in which a student is
now being threatened with removal and sanctions after an incident in
church which involved him holding on to the host to show to a friend.
I think the meme is more one of Christianity=Forgiveness, an aspect
somehow forgotten by some.

While I do not approve of Myers' actions, the response by some seems
even more foolish.