[asa] Using the Bible as a book of magic

From: j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 12:57:49 EDT

Vernon seems to regard scripture as a book of magic -- or maybe a book
of puzzles, solvable by logic, math, hard work and a lot of
speculation.

The following story illustrates this:

Two school friends ran into each other after many years. One man was
extremely wealthy, while the other only made a modest living. The
poorer friend asked, How did you become so wealthy?"

Well," he replied, One day I opened the Bible and pointed randomly at
a word. It was oil. The next day I invested in oil and made a fortune.
So I decided to try my luck again. The second time, I pointed at the
word 'gold.' Again, the stocks I bought soared."

After a few more minutes of catching up, the poorer friend rushed home
and pulled out his Bible. He closed his eyes, opened the Bible and
pointed at the page. He was dismayed to see that his finger was
pointing at the words Chapter Eleven."

--
Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com