Re: [asa] Enns is officially leaving WTS: joint statement released

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 14:50:25 EDT

Not just within evangelicalism (in the American sense). The same fault line - though not terribly sharp - could be perceived in the Missouri Synod split in the 70s.

& though Enns is (from my standpoint at least) the "good guy" in this case, my sympathies tend to lie with systematics folks in many debates. Biblical studies people are in danger of missing the forest for the trees - i.e., failing to have an overall theological interpretive principle.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/