Re: [asa] Enns is officially leaving WTS: joint statement released

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 13:35:11 EDT

Anyone know where he is landing? I'm glad at least that the WTS
administration acknowledged that Enns' "teaching and writing fall within the
purview of Evangelical thought." For those truly interested in the debate
provoked by I&I, the WTS official documents discuss the theological fault
lines between the Systematic (opposing Enns) and Biblical Studies
(supporting Enns) faculty in detail:
http://www.wts.edu/stayinformed/view.html?id=138 IMHO, the differing
perspectives in these documents reflect a fault line within evangelicalism
as a whole, one that is not easily closed.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu> wrote:

> Let me announce some better news. Peter Enns will be giving a free public
> lecture at Messiah College on Tuesday evening, Sept 16, at 7 pm. His topic
> will probably be "Inspiration and Incarnation." All ASA members cordially
> invited.
>
> Ted

David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law