Re: [asa] Predestined Fame:

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 16:44:56 EDT

Hi Murray,

Thanks for the concession. However - as the unwitting author of VJRV (: -
I am puzzled by your seemingly contradictory remarks, viz "...the AV text is
not divinely inspired..." and "We know Scripture to be the Word of God by
the internal witness of the Holy Spirit." A clarification therefore would be
appreciated.

As I see it, your intention is to convey the idea that the truth of the
Scriptures cannot be deduced by rational argument - even when this is based
upon self-evident truth. But surely the Lord himself scotches that notion
when he says "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I
do, though ye believe not me, _believe the works_: that ye may know, and
believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." (Jn.10:37,38).

Accordingly, let me draw your attention to two further pages of mine which
focus on Bible structure as _a work of God_. They may be found at
http://www.whatabeginning.com/BBooks/EyeOpener/P.htm and
http://www.whatabeginning.com/BBooks/LangtonLegacy/P.htm.

In my view, the facts presented therein should extend our understanding of
divine inspiration and be faith-strengthening news for all Christians. Would
you agree? Or would you still consider my position to be 'fundamentally
flawed'. But if so, in what respect?

Regards,

Vernon