Re: [asa] Predestined Fame:

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 17:38:40 EDT

Hi Murray,

In my Concise OED I observe that 'selah' is "an exclamation - probably a musical direction". On this understanding it must stand apart from the Psalm proper, and discounting it appears to be a reasonable thing to do - wouldn't you agree?

Regarding the absence of the terminal 'e' of Shakespeare: this is surely a clutching at straws; I fail to see that it seriously compromises the strength of the existing coincidences.

Regards,

Vernon