Re: [asa] Reviews of Francisco Ayala's new book

From: j burg <>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 11:11:09 EDT

On 7/15/08, Alexanian, Moorad <> wrote:
> Is not the essential contribution of ID, if not the sole contribution, to free the scientific mind of the shackles of a strict evolutionary thought?

I'm not sure what you mean by "strictly evolutionary thought." If it
means holding to evolution as ultimate truth, then ID does play a role
in dethroning such an idea. Perhaps a bigger role than some of us
would believe.

But the study of science I was exposed to never gave any theory that
sort of exalted position. Polkinghorne uses the word "verisimilitude"
in its place.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with