Re: [asa] Predestined Fame:

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 15:38:30 EDT

Well, gentlemen, I have to say that you all exhibit a remarkable degree of tolerance to coincidence and a distaste for being reminded that the supernatural is an integral part of our lives. You must realise that I am drawing attention to _facts_ whose presence in the Scriptures surely deserve to be addressed - particularly by those who lay claim to the title 'scientist'. A careful study of the matter appears to offer only two possible conclusions - the phenomena are there either by _divine intent_, or by a _mighty miracle of chance_. I suggest the former is the better option in view of the manifestly brilliant display of numerics inhabiting the Bible's 7 opening Hebrew words - which find echoes in the characteristics of several common artefacts - all features which demand a supernatural explanation.

You, George, in particular, have consistently refused to look at these data. Yet, remarkably - presumably on the basic of mere hearsay - you write them off as being completely inconsequential. In my view, they threaten many of your cherished ideas; I therefore quite understand why you should choose to remain in denial.

Vernon