Re: [asa] Occultism and the ASA listserv

From: <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 10:58:10 EDT
Really?  Wow!

On Mon Jul 14 10:20 , "David Opderbeck" sent:

But the really amazing thing is, if you pick out the first letter of the fifth verse of the first fifteen chapters of the book of Revelation, and adjust them up or down the alphabet by an apporporiate factor, it spells "Stephen Matheson."  Not sure what that means, but it's eery.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:11 AM, j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/13/08, Stephen Matheson <smatheso@calvin.edu> wrote:
> Vernon's occult musings are wholly inappropriate for a forum such as this one, and his mere presence here is an embarrassment.  But as hard as it is to conceive of something more unbecoming than his ravings, I would suggest that responding to his posts is a step in that very direction.
>
> It's bad enough that our listserv is contaminated with pagan machinations.  Let's not add to any of his threads, unless the response is in the form of a standard disclaimer that is pasted onto any post consisting of nothing but occult crankery.  Please?

I find that a respose such as George made is more useful. People DO
believe some of this stuff!

My 2c worth.

Burgy

David W. Opderbeck