Re: [asa] Predestined Fame:

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 15:38:50 EDT

Well, George, to be fair (features of) your 'hiddenness' theology sometimes might suggest an 'aloofness' (or separation) if someone wanted to interpret it that way (which, btw, I don't usually). Some seek justifications for certain (out-of-equilibrium) perspectives and some do for others. We are all a mixed bag of visions, sounds, emotions, reasons and experiences! Isn't it both wonderful and pitiful, this mortal coil?!

This said, I find Vernon's 'predestined fame theory' ridiculous! And, of course, elitist (and/or idolising)! Why not the 'fame' of Shakespeare's cousin or childhood friend or aunt or distant relation or someone who lived in his town? There is even debate about the name 'Shakespeare' - if that was the 'actual' person who wrote such literature and poetry as the man did! Can Vernon find a correlation with the name of Darwin or one of the local clamdiggers here too?

What is the opposite of 'aloof,' Vernon? Do you believe numerical evidence, counting things in the Bible, will provide 'physical evidence,' even 'proof' of the opposite idea to the Lord remaining aloof? Or perhaps its a way of keeping connected to the ASA list? To what extent can a 'predestination' of all existence be read/interpreted from the letters and words in sacred Text? Or are there limits to such an approach? Just curious, since you're posting these messages on a public forum...

Respectfully puzzled,
Gregory