Re: [asa] The Myth of the Rejected ID Paper

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 20:07:14 EDT

Never wanting to shy away from some research I visited the AAAS site

<quote>
What is intelligent design?

"Intelligent design" consists of two hypothetical claims about the
history of the universe and of life: first, that some structures or
processes in nature are "irreducibly complex" and could not have
originated through small changes over long periods of time; and
second, that some structures or processes in nature are expressions of
"complex specified information" that can only be the product of an
intelligent agent.

Is intelligent design a scientific alternative to contemporary
evolutionary theory?

No. Intelligent design proponents may use the language of science, but
they do not use its methodology. They have yet to propose meaningful
tests for their claims, there are no reports of current research on
these hypotheses at relevant scientific society meetings, and there is
no body of research on these hypotheses published in relevant
scientific journals. So, intelligent design has not been demonstrated
to be a scientific theory. While living things are remarkably complex,
scientists have shown that careful, systematic study of them can yield
tremendous insights about their functions and origins (as it has in
the past).

Intelligent design necessarily presupposes that there is an
"intelligent designer" outside of nature who, from the beginning or
from time to time, inserts design into the world around us. But
whether there is an intelligent designer is a matter of religious
faith rather than a scientifically testable question.
</quote>

notice the
...They have yet to propose meaningful tests for their claims, there
are no reports of current research on these hypotheses at relevant
scientific society meetings, and there is no body of research on these
hypotheses published in relevant scientific journals...

But nothing about refusing to publish... Perhaps you have had more success?