Re: [asa] Ignorance in all around I see...

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 15:28:36 EDT

> one can concede to the DI ID proponents that their form of
> ID is not a science stopper.

A significant problem here is which DI form of ID is in view. Some
definitions of ID are science stoppers, some aren't, but the selection
of definition to use at any point seems to reflect the perceived
desires of the audience rather than consistent commitment to any
particular definition.

In reality, a scientific test for design must be based on comparison
of a large number of known designed and undesigned items, coupled with
evidence about the likely intentions of a designer. I don't see
Dawkins or Dembski doing this.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections