Re: [asa] The Myth of the Rejected ID Paper (science stoppers and OOL)

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 14:45:56 EDT

Forest Mims, was that not the guy who accused Pianka? And not it was
not the Simthsonian

In May of 1988 Mims wrote to Scientific American proposing that he
take over The Amateur Scientist column, which needed a new editor.
Despite concern about his views, he was asked to write some sample
columns, which he did in 1990.[14][15][16] Mims was not offered the
position, due, Mims alleges, to his Christian and creationist views.
The ACLU of Texas offered to take his case, but he declined.[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Mims

I am not sure who you have in mind with 'Glick'

There was a much publicized and overhyped case of von Sternberg who
worked at but not for the Smithsonian, is that perhaps the person you
had in mind?