Re: [asa] The Myth of the Rejected ID Paper (science stoppers and OOL)

From: <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Sun Jul 06 2008 - 07:30:06 EDT

G'day Murray:
At many universities one cannot be sacked unless for gross neglect of
duties or misbehaviour. A reduced research output leads to being given no
further promotion (and to a static salary and a heavier teaching load) but
not to demotion. Of course it does lead to a reduction in the esteem in
which one is held by one's colleagues.
Don