Re: [asa] Proof of the YEC position

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 18:23:55 EDT

On Jul 5, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Edward J. Hassertt J.D. wrote:

> George, thank you for consistently pointing out the values and
> limitations of science.
>
> The problem I have is when scientists use objective evidence as
> subjective proof.
>
> Every atheistic scientist I have read claims that science proves
> there is no creator.
>
> Many members of this group have shown much more grace and
> understanding to the atheist scientist who makes such insupportable
> truth claims based on science than they are with Christians who are
> attempting, although quite inadequately, to marry science and faith.

It's those who try to find "scientific" evidence for faith who are
allowing the atheistic scientist to make the claim above. If science
is not capable of proving there is a Creator it is not capable of
disproving it. Furthermore, by marrying science and faith "quite
inadequately" it gives the atheist a giant stick to hit all of us over
the head. The atheistic scientist makes short work of the inadequate
defense and then goes on to say that that demonstration proves the non-
existence of God. Sometimes even putting a Q.E.D. at the end. What you
see is grace for atheistic scientists is really an attempt to assist
our brethren. Just because the atheistic scientist is correct about
the science doesn't mean he is correct about God. By stressing the
limitations of science we take away one of the atheist's most powerful
weapons. The reason why I vehemently argue with ID/YEC proponents is
not because of where we differ but because where we agree. By taking
away their bad arguments it allows us to get to where we both want to
go. Namely, the Glory of God.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA