Re: [asa] Four myths about I.D.; four myths about T.E.

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 15:02:15 EDT

So if we have sufficient familiarity with intelligent designers
(lowercase) then science should be able to apply methodologies to
detect such design, and in fact, science has done so in a variety of
areas. But the Supernatural is not constrained by the same constraints
we apply to human or other forms of intelligent design and thus, as
pointed out by Wilkins and Elsberry in "Advantages of theft over
toil: the design inference and arguing from ignorance" , it is helpful
for us to differentiate between common design and rarefied design (See
http://www.talkdesign.org/faqs/theftovertoil/theftovertoil.html)

And that's the problem with Intelligent Design, the lack of constraints.