Re: [asa] The Myth of the Rejected ID Paper (science stoppers and OOL)

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 13:49:07 EDT

On 7/3/08, Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com> wrote:

> RE: ID is a science stopper?
>

> I think it might be helpful to look at specific scientific details, too.
>

> For example, how did life originate? Should we investigate? We had the Miller/Urey
> Experiment experiment. Seems to me that those who love science and want to
> investigate would say that it was a good start, and wonder what we can learn
> from it and improve upon it. Those who may think that God designed life may
> think this is all a waste of time, and have nothing positive to say- only
> negative. They are science stoppers.
>

> Now, what does the ID movement say about the Miller/Urey Experiment? Seems
> to me to be nothing but negative (RE: the DI-blessed "expelled" movie)ónot
> even any suggestions on how to improve it or what can be learned from it.
> Does it take an atheist to move this kind of science forward?

I'm not saying there are not tons of areas that could be research topics. In
fact, ID could be doing research in the very areas I did my Google searches
on where we are seeing tens of thousands of papers since 2003. If they did
the research and actually proved their point not only would it be good
science but Nobel-Prize-worthy science. Science, Nature, and PNAS would be
fighting amongst themselves to publish them. A big criteria to get published
as seen from the guidelines I pointed to is novelty. This certainly is novel
by anyone's definition.If there truly is supressed research languishing in
the lab why don't you send it to PSCF? Scooping the "big boys" on the
science paper of the century would be huge. HUGE.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA