[asa] The Myth of the Rejected ID Paper

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 12:42:41 EDT

Over and over I have asked for evidence that this is occurring and over and
over I get offline complaints that somehow I was "exposing" ID proponents or
climate skeptics. So, I then asked for titles and journals. But then the
push back on submission policies of journals like Science and the Sternberg
incident which was about an *accepted* paper. See here if any of you find
this objectionable (
http://www.sciencemag.org/about/authors/prep/gen_info.dtl).

My patience has been exhausted. Rather than accept the fact that ID
proponents have not stepped up to the plate this myth continues to be
propogated. So, let me suggest one more avenue for the ID proponents to
prove their point. Poll your colleagues ask them how many papers were
rejected and from what journals. Summarize here with the number of
researchers polled and the results. We can compare the rejection rates with
people here that are not ID proponents. If I hear crickets, combining this
with what I have previously presented it should be patently obvious to
all that ID is truly a science stopper.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA