Re: [asa] ID: Neither Science nor Religion

From: William Hamilton <willeugenehamilton@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 14:55:28 EDT

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM, PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your version of ID however is somewhat at odds with how ID is commonly
> applied and we run the risk of conflating the two concepts. ID as
> proposed by the mainstream is not about a police investigation, no eye
> witnesses, no physical evidence, no motives means and opportunities.

However, Phillip Johnson, the so-called "father of ID" sometimes
characterizes science as a legal investigation. True he doesn't deal with
eyewitnesses, but his analogies deal analyzing physical evidence.

William E (Bill) Hamilton Jr., Ph.D.
Member American Scientific Affiliation
Rochester, MI/Austin, TX
248 821 8156