RE: [asa] Noah's local flood? (Gilgamesh vs. Noah)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 19:04:36 EDT

Phil said:
"But Utnapishtim _did_ punt in the flooded river plain as Dick pointed
out"

I didn't remember anything in the story about Utnapishtim using poles,
so I thought the reference to pole-use was of Gilgamesh (Dick didn't
specifically mention who was using the poles, so I assumed him and I
were in agreement to the Gilgamesh use of poles). From my memory,
Utnapishtim simply built a boat and floated around, not using poles to
get anywhere... curious- I'll see if I can check it tonite. I'm not
sure it makes sense for Utnapishtim to use a pole- not sure he was
trying to get anywhere specifically; just saving his own skin.
Gilgamesh, OTOH, had a destination to reach.

...Bernie