RE: [asa] Noah's local flood? (Gilgamesh vs. Noah)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 11:52:03 EDT

Hi Phil-

 I know Gilgamesh wasn't in the flood, but he's the one who did the
poling in a boat after killing its crew, not Utnapishtim
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utnapishtim> . Gilgamesh was part god,
not Utnapishtim <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utnapishtim> (Utnapishtim
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utnapishtim> got immortality for his
reward of making a boat and saving life).

Phil said: "It's evident that you are guessing on this"

Sounds to me like you jump to rash conclusions. I read the story not to
long ago and it is still fresh in my mind.

...Bernie