Re: [asa] textbook question- evolution 101

From: George Cooper <georgecooper@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 21:36:32 EDT

Hi Bernie, Others will, hopefully, have many books to offer, but for an introductory general readership I like "evolution - The Triumph of an Idea", Carl Zimmer, ~ 300 pages. It is the "companion" to the PBS series. [I pd. $ 7.99, which is another reason I like it.] If you travel, I really have enjoyed listening to the Barnes & Nobles profesorship CD set on evolution and Darwin. Dr. Sengoopta holds my attention by his style and content, as well as, the fact that he sounds like a gentle Disney orator from long ago doesn't hurt either. :) George C. ----- Original Message ---- From: "Dehler, Bernie" <bernie.dehler@intel.com> To: asa@calvin.edu Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:28:37 PM Subject: [asa] textbook question- evolution 101 A question for all you academics- is there a defacto standard textbook for the basics of evolution- a sort of “Evolution 101” science textbook? College level would be best, but I’d also be interested if there was a defacto standard for highschool also. Just curious what’s out there. …Bernie “It’s turtles all the way down!” To unsubscribe, send a message to majordomo@calvin.edu with "unsubscribe asa" (no quotes) as the body of the message.