Re: [asa] Humanity and the Fall: Questions and a Survey

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 12:41:15 EDT

Apropos the question of "Adam as a group," may I point out again that the
story of the primordial sin in Genesis is not just about "Adam" but about
"the woman" and "the man" - in that order. & while there are various
cultural factors (as well as antiquated ideas about procreation) which have
led the tradition to focus on Adam, Eve can hardly be left out. In fact,
the tradition has tried all too eagerly to blame it on Eve - a tradition
that starts with Adam himself! In any case, there seems to be a group of at
least two involved.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/