Re: [asa] Expelled

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 12:43:15 EDT

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:07 AM, j burg <hossradbourne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/08, PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com> wrote: "And your evidence for
> PvM continues: "The argument that morality is related to our ability
> to refrain from
> doing something bad even though one knows that one can get away with
> it, seems contradictory to Christianity which accepts that our sins
> will come back to 'haunt' us."

> Again, consider the concept of grace. In any case, I don't believe
> your closing phrase at all. Scripture says my sins are removed from me
> "as far as from the east to the west." I take that to mean they are
> entirely removed.

And the same passage also suggest that

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them
that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Psalms 103

Of course these are but a selective set of what Scripture tells us.
For instance Catholics believe that confession is essential to be
forgiven for one's sins, emphasizing the fear of the Lord part. Other
Christian churches believe that sin is forgiven once we come to accept
Jesus as our savior. We may either interpret that to mean that we are
free to sin and we are forgiven anyway, or that we shall still be
reminded of our sins. I find it hard to accept the former position.