Re: [asa] New AAAS Statement Decries "Profound Dishonesty" of Intelligent Design Movie

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 21:30:47 EDT

Judge Jones may have been right that ID is not science, but I think anyone
with a passing knowledge of HOS/POS would have to admit that his analysis on
this was embarrassingly shallow. It's not something that can be properly
decided by one judge with no particular expertise in the field hearing only
a handful of witnesses.

Since you're a theist, I'm guessing you believe that an "intelligent
designer" is indeed "responsible for key developments in the emergence of
life," and that you reject the either-or dichotomy this statement appears to
promote. Perhaps it's just sloppy use of language by the AAAS, but their
statement here sounds much more like theology than science.