Re: [asa] Science and Christianity Summer Course at Regent College

From: <SteamDoc@aol.com>
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 17:10:33 EDT

David O. wrote:
--------------
This course looks very interesting:
_http://www.regent-college.edu/academics/summer/view_course.php?courseid=29_
(http://www.regent-college.edu/academics/summer/view_course.php?courseid=29)

Does anyone know about David Livingstone?
-------------

Livingstone is perhaps best known in these circles as the author of the
book: "Darwin's Forgotten Defenders: The Encounter Between Evangelical Theology
and Evolutionary Thought":
_http://www.amazon.com/Darwins-Forgotten-Defenders-Evangelical-Evolutionary/dp
/1573830933/_
(http://www.amazon.com/Darwins-Forgotten-Defenders-Evangelical-Evolutionary/dp/1573830933/)
I recommend this book which is mostly history -- putting to rest the myth
that all Evangelicals have always opposed the theory of (biological) evolution.
 As he says in his Introduction, "The time is ripe to question the
assumption that creationists bear the imprimatur of evangelical orthodoxy on the issue
of evolution."

Livingstone is particularly good about emphasizing the need to distinguish
between scientific questions and philosophical ones -- a lot of people could
learn from that today.

Sounds like it could be a good course.

Allan (ASA Member)
Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
"Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cat"

listings at AOL Autos.