Re: [asa] Humanity and the Fall: Questions and a Survey

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 01:59:23 EDT

Hi Dave,
you said:

>> I am not claiming that there has to be a single measurement to any dimension.
>> I have a consistent measure for space and time within my frame of reference only.

But don't you see that this proves the original point that you can't be non-extended in space, only, and not also?in?time?? If a spirit is non-extended in space, that means he is equally present at all points in spacetime that are simultaneous to one another.? But the set of points that are "simultaneous" depends upon the frame of reference, which depends upon the velocity of the observer --?in this case, the spirit.? But a spirit that is non-extended in space can have no velocity:? without extension in space there can be no location change.? So? any frame of reference is equally valid for a being non-extended is space.? Thus, on a Minkowski-type drawing, for a single frame of reference you'd have to draw the simultaneous points as a line at some angle.? For a spirit in which all frames of reference?are valid, you'd have to draw multiple lines at every possible angle, and these lines would cover the entire diagram.? Thus, all time would be included as the points that are "sim
 ultaneous" for this kind of being.? Thus, he would "simultaneousy" exist at every time just as much as he would at every place.? He not be extended in time.

In a relativistic spacetime, it is impossible to be non-extended in space, only, and not also in time.? That is why William Lane Craig, who wants to believe that God?is extended in a single time dimension like mankind, denies special relativity.

Phil