Re: [asa] Expelled

From: David Heddle <heddle@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 17:10:04 EDT

I'll take a stab--the answer is twofold. One is that his statements are so
outrageous. His claims of child abuse will not resonate except with his own
choir. The other is that his arguments against theism are so childish and
primitive--boiling down to "religious people are dumb" and "if God mad
everything, who made God?" Compared to intellectual atheists of the past,
such as Bertrand Russel, Dawkins is (when it comes to theology) a
lightweight. PZ tried to rescue him with the "Courtiers Reply" but that is
little more than a justification and a rationalization to make a
simpleminded response instead of doing your homework.

In my opinion, Dawkins is to atheism what Benny Hinn is to theism.

David Heddle
Associate Professor of Physics
Christopher Newport University, &
The Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility