Re: [asa] Humanity and the Fall: Questions and a Survey

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 14:01:30 EDT

Apropos 1 below, what theologians do you have in mind? I don't know of any who say this, though of course that doesn't prove that there aren't any. When Robert Jenson, e.g., in his introduction to the locus on "The Holy Spirit" in Christian Dogmatics says "Thus spirit is self-transcendence; the liveliness of each life is precisely its origin and end beyond itself," he is pointing in a quite different direction. (He also notes that Greek pneuma & Hebrew ruach agree in picturing spirit as wind or breath, things that are extended.)

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/