Re: [asa] synesthesia

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 13:48:52 EDT

The celebrated French composer Olivier Messaien (1908-1992) had the
ability to sense colour in musical notes and chords. I'm guessing
this was the same phenomenon. Messaien was a devout Catholic, and
quite a mystic - often giving spiritual titles to his musical pieces,
for example "Clusters of rainbows for the Angel who announced the End
of Time" (from "Quartet for the End of Time").

Iain