Re: [asa] synesthesia

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <lfreeman@mbc.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 13:46:52 EDT

Not to burst a bubble, but synesthesia is also a classic symptom experienced
by people on hallucinogenic drugs (eg LSD) and people in full-blown
schizophrenic episodes. An interesting neuropsychological phenomenon, to be
sure, but I wouldn't look (or feel or smell..) to it as a source of
spiritual enlightenment.

__
Louise M. Freeman, PhD
Psychology Dept