RE: [asa] Are TE and ID Really That Far Apart?

From: Loren Haarsma <lhaarsma@calvin.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2008 - 10:30:26 EDT

Gregory Arago inquired about Howarde Van Till's latest thougts on the
topic of guidane and purpose.

   Having talked with Howard recently, I hope I can provide an accurate and
quick summary of some of his views. I believe he would say that he
doesn't ascribe to any particular view but is open to, and actively
studying, a certain range of views. I believe he would say: What we
know from science is fully compatible with the idea of purpose, but
science doesn't prove purpose. He doesn't like the idea of God using
"coercive" action in nature, but that might leave open various kinds of
guidance, perhaps of the kinds suggested by process theology.

   But if you want to know more about HVT's latest thinking, much better
than my summary of it, you can view a talk he gave a few months ago.
It's the top links at this address: http://www.granddialogue.org/