Re: [asa] Expelled and ID (ASA annual mtg.)

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <lfreeman@mbc.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 10:04:25 EDT

, I'd want to ask this: why haven't you established your
> own
> peer reviewed journal? Answering my own question, they have:
> http://www.iscid.org/pcid.php
>
> So rather than smacking around these arguments about peer review in the
> mainstream literature, what about a survey of the research program in
> progress?

For starters, I'd have to assume that a movement whose own, lone, peer-reviewed journal has not
published in 2 1/2 years probably doesn't have much of a research program in progress.

Other questions that could be asked: how frequently are the articles cited in other journals? What
is the impact factor? How many university libraries subscribe to this journal? How many citation
indexes include it?