Re: [asa] Expelled and ID

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 23:43:12 EDT

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM, David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
wrote:

> At the risk of sounding anti-science, which I don't think I am, I don't
> see how you can gainsay that institutional science is skewed by agendas and
> viewpoints that aren't always objectively scientific.

I'd like to ask you a question that may be more up your alley. Given Barr's
statements on the strong evidence for cosmological design, is it
constitututional to inform school children that cosmological design is
supported by science?

A separate question would be, "is it constitutional to inform school
children of the existence of scientific materialism as an alternative to
religious beliefs? And to tell them it isn't science?"

A third question is, "Should school children be informed of the theological
roots of naturalism?"

Or, must all these fields of knowledge be banned from discussion in the
public square because knowledge of their existence might possibly somehow be
construed to support religion?

Thanks,
-Dave