Re: [asa] Expelled and ID

From: Dennis Venema <Dennis.Venema@twu.ca>
Date: Wed Apr 23 2008 - 20:26:45 EDT

Hmm. I still donšt see your point. Yes, funding, etc can direct research ­
for example, I do work on diabetes / insulin signaling because I am funded
to do so ­ but does that mean you think that I introduce a bias into my
results because of my funding source? Yes, funding can direct the types of
experiments that are done, but the data is still the data if it can be
reproduced ­ the quality of the experiments should not be affected. In cases
where things were skewed/faked for an agenda the deception comes to light
when someone tries to repeat the experiments.

dennis